Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why doesnt all the milky substance show up in my oil drain pan?

I had a substantial amount of water ijn my oil so I changed it immediatly (no it is not a blown head gasket It got in there from when I changed the intake manifold seal) anyways having that said about the milky oil I drained it and put it in a transparent open container why doesnt the oil look milky it just looks like regular black oil? I dont get itWhy doesnt all the milky substance show up in my oil drain pan?
it usually takes a little while for that to happen being water and oil don,t want to mix.Why doesnt all the milky substance show up in my oil drain pan?
the milky stuff is the water. The black stuff is the oil. Oil and water don't mix. If water gets where oil should be it will not support the load the oil will support, it will break down and squeeze out allowing metal to metal contact. Goodbye metal parts.
You are getting water in to your motor oil. Possible head gasket failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment