Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What do you prefer for an oil pan gasket? 1 piece or 3 piece?

I have an 84 suburban And I had recently put a new gasket set on the oilpan but split it (of course) on the last bolt so now Ive gotta redo-it, what is the better way to go


1 piece


or


3 piece?


what is easier and quality wise is their a diffrence? Thanks!


(I used 3 piece last time. btw)What do you prefer for an oil pan gasket? 1 piece or 3 piece?
I always use a one piece gasket if it's available. there are some aftermarket companies that make performance gaskets that use the 3-piece design with crush limiters in the gasket so you can't over tighten the bolts and crack the gasket. When I use the one piece gaskets, I don't use any sealer on them either. Maybe just a dab in the corners where the timing cover meets the block.What do you prefer for an oil pan gasket? 1 piece or 3 piece?
one piece
Good one piece gaskets have crush sleeves in them too. That's what I use on a racing V8 with no leaks.
  • great makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment