Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Do I have to pull the motor out of my car if I'm changing the oil pan?

I have a '79 Camaro with a 454 and have a leak in my oil pan. Im gonna get a new pan and was wondering if I'm gonna have to pull the motor out to change it.Do I have to pull the motor out of my car if I'm changing the oil pan?
If you yank the distributor, you can lift the motor until it hits the firewall, mounts disconnected of course. This may give you enough room to get it out. Make sure it's not the rear man seal first though. That would mean that the motor does have to come out.Do I have to pull the motor out of my car if I'm changing the oil pan?
I doubt if you will have to pull it out completely but you will have to undo both motor mounts and raise the motor up enough to get the pan off.
you don,t have to. just loose the motor mounts and jack the motor up so the pan will clear the crank and oil pump.
If there are no cross members or strengthening bars under the


car going across the oil pan then no you won`t have to pull


the motor out.

No comments:

Post a Comment