Tuesday, April 27, 2010

When I pan-fry multiple batches of food, the oil and pan get dirty. How do I keep it clean for more food?

When I have too many items to pan-fry in the pan at once, I fry in batches. However, the oil and pan get too dirty and the latter batches come out blackened. Is there a way to avoid this without having to change out the oil completely and clean the pan between batches?When I pan-fry multiple batches of food, the oil and pan get dirty. How do I keep it clean for more food?
Just don't let the little crumbly bits that stick to the pan burn. If you have the time, let the pan cool a little and get them out with a paper towel. As long as you don't have any burnt food in the pan, the rest of the food shouldn't burn.





Also, it depends on what type of oil you are using. Olive oil has a very low smoking point and must be changed each time (that's why you should never season cast iron with olive oil). Vegetable oil and Canola oil have higher smoking points so you can reuse them more often, but they aren't as aromatic or flavorful as olive oil. I think that peanut oil has one of the highest smoking points. So if you really have to fry a lot, choose peanut oil. Otherwise, stick to veg or canola oil and you should be able to fry repeatedly.When I pan-fry multiple batches of food, the oil and pan get dirty. How do I keep it clean for more food?
you can strain it through cheesecloth but it shouldn't be used after a second frying....also heating the oil above 400 degrees should be avoided
Line a strainer with a coffee filter and strain the grease.
no. you need to change the oil in between.
Look, the easiest to do is just between batches....turn on the hot water...get it really hot....rinse the pan...do not scrub or wipe...and start new. It is as simple as that. I do that to keep my stuff from looking black too. Especially pancakes, pork chops...etc... It doesn't matter what you use to cook with...oil or butter or crisco. works just the same...saves time and it keeps your pan hot and seasoned for the nect batch. Good Luck
You could scoop out the crumbly stuff that settles at the bottom. That might help.

No comments:

Post a Comment