Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Are oil drain pans necessary...?

or is there something else I can use that is perhaps a bit cheaper?Are oil drain pans necessary...?
I don't know my $9.95 oil drain pan is damn handy and beats the hell out of an old milk jug that I usually see people using. So I guess the old milk jug or fork over ten bucks for a decent drain pan.Are oil drain pans necessary...?
Unless you wanna make a hell of a mess trying to get it into a milk jug then I would spring the 10 bucks for one...its worth it
you can go to Wal-Mart and try to get an unexpensive one. thats where my boyfriend got mines when he changed my moms oil
You could, and have the auto parts store (or wherever you are legally dumping the oil at) will turn you away for using the wrong container..... atleast spend LESS than 10 bucks for one at wally world.
I guess anything that will fit underneath the car will do, so long as the oil does not eat through it. Remember to recycle your oil, most auto parts houses will accept your waste oil for free.
Jiffy Lube. Not cheaper, but if you don't want to deal with it. There is a pump system but it's expensive and you need the special drain plug to go with it all. That's the bomb, but it's for fleet vehicles when you change a lot of oil every day.
You could unravel some tin cans, duck tape em all together, then use super glue and baling wire to stick it underneath yer car.

No comments:

Post a Comment