Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A question about the oil heating pan on a Honda Civic?

I have a 1998 Honda Civic EX and it has an ';oil heating pan'; or something like that...I have some questions about it:





*What exactly is it?


*Is there a maximum amount of time I should leave it plugged in?


*Do I unplug it before I start my car?


*Should I plug it in right after I get my car home, while the oil is still warm? Or should I wait?





Any additional info about it is greatly appreciated!


Thanks!A question about the oil heating pan on a Honda Civic?
I don't think you need it. I have never had a HOnda that didn't start even in subzero temperatures down to -38 degrees FA question about the oil heating pan on a Honda Civic?
the oil heater in your oil pan is there to make your car start alot easier in very cold temp. it can left plugged in for long periods of time, you dont have to unplug it before you start just make sure it is unplugged before you drive away, and plug it in when ever it is convenient for you
its for the winter, to warm up the oil so its easier to start


you can leave it plugged in all night, minimum time is about 3 hours before you start the car





i dont think you really need it

No comments:

Post a Comment