Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Getting ready to replace the Oil pan gasket on my bike. What kind of sealant should I use?

It a 1985 Yahmaha FJ1100Getting ready to replace the Oil pan gasket on my bike. What kind of sealant should I use?
Dont use RTV go to the auto parts tell them you need a can of copper gasket tact. you just spray it on the gasket.Getting ready to replace the Oil pan gasket on my bike. What kind of sealant should I use?
put it on dry
a thin bead of hi temp rtv will do just fine
read the manufacturers remediation's but the gasket should not need any but if you do use RTV


its blue and its sold in auto zone
Don't use any sealant. Motorcycle gaskets are made to compress and conform to any irregularities in the mating surfaces.
The best thing to use is the black RTV silicone. 1/4'; bead around the pan.
jb weld!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment