Wednesday, April 28, 2010

1995 F 250 5.8 do I have to raise the engine to remove the oil pan?

I may need to chang my oil pump soon do I need to pull engine mounts and raise engine to remove oil pan?1995 F 250 5.8 do I have to raise the engine to remove the oil pan?
Yes you will have to raise the engine to remove the oil pan.There is not enough clearance to drop it and pull it out.The transmission is in the way.You need to unbolt the engine from the mounts and get the engine/transmission up as high as you can.Make sure you watch for clearance,and especially keep your eye on the fan shroud.1995 F 250 5.8 do I have to raise the engine to remove the oil pan?
2WD or 4WD?


More importantly, why do you think the oil pump is faulty - it's the best lubricated part in the engine.
better just remove engine, easier

No comments:

Post a Comment