Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How expensive, or hard is it to change the oil pan on a 2003 VW Passat?

Also, will my extended warranty cover it? When I bought it the dealer said something about his friend blah blah blah, same problem but her engine blew, if she had the warranty she would have been protected. My friend borrowed my car so she could screw around on her bf, and when I got it back it was screwed up. She busted the oil pan.How expensive, or hard is it to change the oil pan on a 2003 VW Passat?
the pan will be $75-$100, one hour of labor at most shops.





so, probably about $200 out the door. its a bolt on but it can be tricky since youd have to drain the oil, get messy, etc...How expensive, or hard is it to change the oil pan on a 2003 VW Passat?
It is not a very hard process. It should just be a few bolts and tubes and then lift it out. I am not positive on the cost of a new one however, but I would imagine it would be less than 50 bucks. If you have any reservations about it, then call someone who knows what they are doing and have them help you. That is not something that you want to mess around with.

No comments:

Post a Comment