Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My 88 Toyota Cressida has a oil leak, looks like its coming from the join of the oil pan?

How hard is it to remove the oil pan and resilicone with gasket maker, has anyone done this and how successful was it? Also does anyone know why my driving lights are not working? I cannot drive my car at night unless I hold the light switch forward whilst driving, very difficult, have checked fuses under bonnet, NRMA guy said the switch for the driving lights is behind the steering wheel, have looked but cannot see anything resembling a fuse, how do I tackle this problem.My 88 Toyota Cressida has a oil leak, looks like its coming from the join of the oil pan?
oil pans are reasonably easy to change, a local parts shop should have a gasket for your sump but if not then a liquid gasket with a good heat resistance should do the trick, just make sure that the sump bolts are tourqued up correctly. It should also allow you to clean any sludge build up in the sump.


As for your problem with the driving lights, im assuming that its high beam that is causing the trouble? Its more likely than not that you need to replace a relay for the lights. You can get one from any auto parts retailer, just make sure you check the old one to see what the amperage rating is and how many pins it has on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment