Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What parts do I need when replacing an oil pan?

I have a 2000 Jetta that needs a new oil pan. Apparently this is a common problem with VW's. What parts (besides the actual oil pan) will I need to order? Thanks!!What parts do I need when replacing an oil pan?
a gasket and sealantWhat parts do I need when replacing an oil pan?
main %26amp; pan gasket and permatex
the gasket
oil pan gasket, oil, and torque specs for the retainer bolts for the pan..oh...and a torque wrench
Assuming you can re-use the bolts, you will need a new gasket and a tube of sealant.
if your ordering the pan from a shop like auto-zone they will tell you what is needed if its not included
gasket and sealant thats about it minus all the tools you will need
I think there will be a gasket sealer that you get in a squeeze tube.





Cleaning all traces of oil from the surfaces that contact the gasket is important to get it to seal as well as possible.





Make sure you don't turn the bolts too tight, only as heard as the torque specs indicate so you don't snap off a bolt head like I did on my 95 neon. Had to live with a slow leak after that.
An oil pan gasket . You should get some permatix also from the parts store.

No comments:

Post a Comment