Saturday, December 26, 2009

How long does it take to replace an oil pan on a VW Jetta?

I have to have my oil pan replaced b/c the last Valvoline that changed my oil put the wrong size drain plug in and stripped the pan's threads. Can anyone tell me how much a replacement oil pan should cost for a 2002 VW Jetta, V4, and how long it would take to install? I'm trying to make sure the shop that has my car now does not try to rip me off!!!!How long does it take to replace an oil pan on a VW Jetta?
should nt that long maybe a day or two and why not try a self threading plugHow long does it take to replace an oil pan on a VW Jetta?
Cost depends on the garage.


I would make the same garage pay for the stripped threads.


They have to drain the oil of course and then put on the pan and put the oil back in. It is not supposed to take that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment