Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do I pull the oil pan out out of a Blazer S-10 4wheel drive?

I have a 1986 Chevy Blazer S-10 4 wheel drive. I need to replace the rear seal. HOW do I pull the oil pan, there is a long return on the oil pump pick up, and the clearance is too small. Do I have to actually drop the front end? Do you know of an online manual to assist me... Thank you SO much for any help.....How do I pull the oil pan out out of a Blazer S-10 4wheel drive?
We have had to undo the motor mounts and lift the engine to get the pan off some motors.Doing a rear seal can be tricky.If you have never done it it might be better to take it to someone to do.Now the bad news.Is your truck a V6?Because if i'm remembering correctly the rear seal on a GM V6 is a 1 piece seal so you have to pull the engine or tranny to get to it.Call a GM service department and ask them.Or go to a library and look it up in a manualHow do I pull the oil pan out out of a Blazer S-10 4wheel drive?
No offence but if you need to ask this question on Yahoo maybe you shouldn't be attempting this job yourself better to pay a mechanic to do it. I'm not familiar with the Blazer S-10 but I'm sure if it,s 4wd the front diff housing would be in the way of the oil pan. Which means you're got a big job on your hands.
Pulling the pan will only take a long time and get you nowhere and you will have to pull the motor. What you need to do is pull the trans , or the motor . The rear seal is behind the flywheel/flexplate , not under the oil pan, And there are no online manuals you can acces from home . Besides , a proper repair manual is around $20 .
this particular job requires that the trans be pulled. this seal is a round seal that is installed behind the flexplate. a lot of work.
I'm pretty sure that you'll have'ta slide the trans back about 4 inches %26amp; just lower the oil pan. An ' haynes' manual cost only about $18 at your nearest parts store.

No comments:

Post a Comment