Saturday, December 26, 2009

I have had the valve cover and oil pan off for 4 days?

Should I pour some oil over the valves / cams before manually cranking?I have had the valve cover and oil pan off for 4 days?
put the oil pan back on and then dump some oil over the valves and put the valve cover back on and refill the crankcase and your good to go.I have had the valve cover and oil pan off for 4 days?
You should just put the valve cover and oil pan back on put fill with oil and put a new oil filter on. Let let it idle for alittle bit then check it again, then drive it for about 100 miles then change the oil out again. Do this about 2 times to make sure you get all the dirt and other stuff out of the engine.
I always use marvel mystery oil for start up after open awhile, then pour the rest in with your fresh oil, great stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment