Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a '95 Nissan Maxima and have a leak coming from above the oil pan. What could it possibly be?

I looked really well on the side with the water pump but could see no visible water. What is my next step to find out where it's coming from. Thanks.I have a '95 Nissan Maxima and have a leak coming from above the oil pan. What could it possibly be?
Coolant dripping off of the A/C compressor bracket? Yes the water pump drips there. Because the water pump is chain driven the vent is behind the timing cover just above the oil pan on the front of the engine. Some times the leak will stop and start again. Still only one FIX replace the water pump. A word of warning the early 1995 and 1996 Maxima's don't have the latest designed chain tensioner. If it were my car I would also replace the tensioner too. Location of the pump and special precautions water pump pulling bolts changing oil and draining coolant 2 different size 3'; o rings I would not recommend this job be done in the back yard.I have a '95 Nissan Maxima and have a leak coming from above the oil pan. What could it possibly be?
my '95 maxima had the same problem,change the oil pan gasket.it might not be that,because i never seen your car,but hopefully you can get it checked out..
Oil pan gasket or oil sending unit

No comments:

Post a Comment