Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How can i replace my oil pan on my 1991 Camaro?

i have a 1991 chevy camaro RS with a 5.0 L engine..... i have to replace my oil pan do u think its possible to do it with no experince at all???? i heard i have to lift my engine if this is true how much do i have to lift it and how can i do it??? any advice i can get a step by step procedure or anything i would greatly appreciate thank u all!!!How can i replace my oil pan on my 1991 Camaro?
Procedure outlined here. Click pics to enlarge.


I usually use a floor jack with a nice wide block of wood to distribute the load on the oil pan, and then put some blocks of wood in between the motor mount space to hold it up.


http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/090鈥?/a>How can i replace my oil pan on my 1991 Camaro?
Impossible
dude its easy to change a oil pan just unbolt the old one and bolt the new one up i dont think u hae to lift the engine on this car lol
If I'm right you have take the Motor Supports loose and elevate the Engine slightly to get the pan out.Go ahead and replace the Oil pump and Motor supports while you are at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment