Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Question about replacing an oil pan on my truck?

How many hours should an auto repair shop charge for this? Also, isn't there a website where I can find this information? The oil pan needs to be replaced on my 1992 Chev K1500. Thanks!Question about replacing an oil pan on my truck?
I had similar problems last week and was glad I got my repairs covered under my extended warranty. They are less expensive if you buy them aftermarket. http://www.autoadviceonline.com/Warranty-Quote.htmlQuestion about replacing an oil pan on my truck?
i would google it if you haven't


and oil pan should take too long.


they would obviously have to drain the oil and remove old pan. and the clean where existing seal is place new seal and apply new oil pan and either put existing oil back in or do an oil change.


pretty simple.


good lcuk
i believe you have to drop the sub frame and support the engine from top with a beam. pain in the *** and labor time probly calls for 5 hours, but i could be wrong. but usally on 4 cyl. engines, its much simpler
estimate 250 labor, 150 for the pan 40 for the gaskets.





probably will depend on where you live also.
Probably 3 to 4 hrs of shop time. You will not find a free web site that will answer your question. Call around to your local auto repair shops and ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment