Saturday, December 26, 2009

How much does it cost for a new oil pan for a saturn?

It's a saturn 95. my dad was changing my oil and it brokeHow much does it cost for a new oil pan for a saturn?
I do not know how the pan can break when doing a simple oil change. He may have overtightened the filter, i guess.





However I would make him go to a junk or salvage yard and get you a pan off another car. I did this and cost me 10 dollars. At some salvage yards, they put a hole in the pan to quickly drain the oil, as was the case in mine, but i found a friend who welded the hole up for me and i was good after that. So you can spend 10 or 20 dollars, or get a new one from the dealer for over 100$,How much does it cost for a new oil pan for a saturn?
The dealership i work @ it's about $400 bucks, it is a honda dealership though so saturn might be alittle less in cost.But this should give you an idea of the cost. Either way you should be able to call a dealership and get an estimate.
how can the oil pan break when chaging the oil ? did he over tighten the bolt ? thats why there are profesionals that do oil changes as far as cost check w/dealer for part price or your local mechanic
Call Saturn.

No comments:

Post a Comment