Saturday, December 26, 2009

How do i change oil pan gasket on 91 Honda Accord?

I'm going to change the Oil pan gasket on a 91 Honda Accord. Are there any difficulties I'm not aware of? Is it a straight shot or are there obstructions? I ask because more than one shop quote me $300 and up to do the job. I can't fined any thing on the internet in realation to the process of doing the job so that brings me here.How do i change oil pan gasket on 91 Honda Accord?
This is a timely and awkward job if you only have jack stands or ramps to get your car up. Once up so you can crawl under you have to get exhaust out of the way then drop pan partially to drain and catch oil. Then completely remove pan, clean and replace filter. Then put gasket on pan and reattach, being careful not to over-tighten. follow a Cross pattern for tightening bolts in order to get even bolt pressure. Reattach exhaust.How do i change oil pan gasket on 91 Honda Accord?
Well you need to have it up on a hoist, remove the exhaust front pipe and gear box brace. Remove sump and re-seal it....Horrible job..Take the $300 which will be plus materials








I would generally charge $600 for that

No comments:

Post a Comment