Saturday, December 19, 2009

Why am I getting gas in my oil pan on a 284 International tractor?

I changed the oil pan gasket one day and the next was gining to put oil in to it. I pulled the plug on the oil pan and noticed gas in it. Why?Why am I getting gas in my oil pan on a 284 International tractor?
Most likely it is bad fuelpump, (it does have the mechanical pump mounted on the engine doesn't it?) Also you could have leaking fuel from fuel bowl (float too high, or leaking float valve), -- but of course it would normally cause a ';liquid lock'; when you crank engine to start, (unless you just happened to have the cylinder it wanted to run into at or very near tdc!) Therefore you would have noticed it some time before you took the oilpan off, (unless this is something that just happened now).





I am not farmiliar with this model tractor, just the ';letter models'; from past farming history, and they all had gas tanks higher than the engine, so didn't need fuelpumps!Why am I getting gas in my oil pan on a 284 International tractor?
If it has a mechanical fuel pump, the diaphram in it could be ruptured allowing fuel to drain into the block.
Blown head gasket.
leaky fuel pump

No comments:

Post a Comment