Saturday, December 19, 2009

What oil pans will fit a 1987 Chevy 2.8l engine?

I'm currently putting a new engine in my truck - but my oil pan from my truck - which is an 84 does not fit my new engine. I found out that the engine is an 87 because of the difference in oil pan shape.





( the reason why i need to use the old oil pan is because the truck is 4WD, the stock pan on the engine is for a 2WD)





I do know that the 2.5l will not fit the 2.8l, I think maybe a 3.4l would. but i have someone who has a 4.3l %26amp; I'm not sure if that would fit.





any suggestions? I've researched on the web a bit, but havent found much about the size %26amp; bolt pattern of Chevy's oil pans.





thanks.What oil pans will fit a 1987 Chevy 2.8l engine?
As you said, the oil pans not only fit the engines, but sometimes also the application. FYI The 3.4 is a bored and stroked 2.8. Also 1984-86 Jeep Cherokees used that engine and could be either two or four wheel drive.


Good Luck
  • art mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment