Friday, January 8, 2010

Do i have to remove the oil pan when i am going to replace the timing gasket?

i have a 1997 5.7litters camaro and i wanted to know if i have to take the oil pan out when i am going to replace the timing gasket..Do i have to remove the oil pan when i am going to replace the timing gasket?
I know on the earlier small block Chevrolet cars you could remove the timing chain cover without removing the oil pan. I haven't done a timing chain cover on a 1997.





However, I reviewed it in AllData and they were pretty adamant about the need to remove the oil pan when removing the timing chain cover. Since I haven't done one of these before, I can't say if it is absolutely necessary.





In any case, it looks like you have your work cut out for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment