Friday, January 8, 2010

Are there any good places to have my oil pan in my Firebird cleaned out?

What makes you think the oil pan needs to be cleaned out? If the oil pan has sludge buildup, so does the rest of the engine. There are some additives that say they will break down sludge, but I wouldn't use them. If the sludge doesn't dissolve completely, it can clog your oil pump and ruin your engine. If you must clean it, drain your oil, drop the oil pan and remove the valve covers. Clean it now by hand, and don't leave any sludge to clog the pump.Are there any good places to have my oil pan in my Firebird cleaned out?
That's the job of the detergent in your oil. If you went 20,000 miles without changing it, cleaning the pan isn't going to save you.Are there any good places to have my oil pan in my Firebird cleaned out?
Exactly what he said.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment